Sunday, May 25, 2008

Mt.Rubidoux - I did it!

This is right near the top - the 2 mi. marker. The other marker shows 1 mi. from the other direction. It is a very steep 1 mile.Here I am in front of the cross.
This is the marker at the foot of the cross.
View from the top!


The top is in sight!
Here I am standing on the steps that go to the tower above.



Beautiful clouds and brown terrain
First mile marker



I have turned a new leaf - working on weight, working out, walking, riding my bike(!). So after talking to my friend Lori Burns, who is quite a hiker, I decided it was time for me to climb Mt. Rubidoux. So Saturday I went. I had a great time. The weather was cool and perfect. I had wobbley legs by the time I climbed stairs at the top. But it was great.
And...tomorrow I'm going again!

1 comment:

Mr. Flynn said...

You have lost weight Mom! Good job!