Wednesday, February 15, 2012

3 Day Weekend

I had a three day weekend, but it sure was jam-packed!
Saturday a.m. I spent from 7:30 to 1:30 on report cards. I was really rushing to get them all done, but I did. (Whew) They can only be done at school so school was open for us. I stopped at the store to get supplies for dinner, I thought, for Sunday when the missionaries were coming. About 3 the Elders called and asked if it was still ok if they come for dinner. I said Tonight!? Yep. So I rushed like a crazy woman to get dinner and a somewhat clean house. 3 hours later, Stephanie and Scott along with the missionaries were here. We had our favorite beef with gravy, mashed potatoes, stirfried asparagus, peas, bread and trifle for dessert! I was amazed that it all got done. And it was quite tasty. I finally finished cleaning up about 9. 9:30 I realized that I was teaching on Sunday.! So I spent the morning preparing (luckily church begins at 1:00). I got home from church at 4:30, then went to a farewell get-together for Bryce Stoa who's leaving for the MTC on Wed. (Had fun talking to old friends!)
Monday morning I took my car to get a headlight replaced, I thought for free because the other side had been free. But no, 2 hours and $139 later I was on my way. They had to completely take off the front end to replace the light. Hmph!
When I got home, my new sister-in-law (also named Linda Sue, but not aka Susie) called and asked if I was ready to go shopping. She and I went to Kirkland Home interiors. It was a very fun, not pricey place to shop. After that, she had a gift card for the Yard House at Tyler Galleria. So we had a very nice lunch also!
Then I went out to dinner with the Empty Nesters. I barely had time to put the clothes in the wash!
I'm thankful that next weekend is also a 3-day one. I need it to recuperate from this last one!

No comments: