Wednesday, April 13, 2011
Wuz Happnin' in my life!
So...Chenza and I have worked up to walking as far as 3.45 miles. Watch out! Here we come. I have found a web site that helps me increase (and know) the distance I'm walking. It is gmap-pedometer. I love it. Fun. But now Chenza has this horrible cone on her head. and she has to keep it on or she scratches. 10 days left and counting. But that funny pooch loves lunch meat so much that when she hears me opening her bottle of pills, she comes running, even though before she gets meat, i gag her by stuffing her pill down her throat, then choke her with some water so she swallows the pill. Then, she finally gets the meat. Like I said, she really likes that meat! The first day of school, it felt like my class stomped all over me. It was not pretty. Before school started, i made my fun lesson plans, carefully writing out the fun activities and learning we would do. Then came Monday. I quickly realized that I had to help them with behavior before any learning would happen. It's true, they were glad to be back at school, glad to see friends, even to see me. But the noise level...not good. Then there is one student who frequently yells out - I don't want to do this! again and again. When is recess! I'm hungry! When is lunch. I want to eat lunch! Well, i decided he probably was hungry and brought graham crackers on Tuesday. It was a rude awakening. I had to open my arsenal of tricks and bribes. I just wasn't prepared for such behavior the first week, let alone the first day. So I have revamped my plans, written them out in detail. Refurbished my arsenal. I hope it's strong enough, diverse enough. Tomorrow will tell.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
wow - sounds busy. and hard. but you're a great teacher - so i'm sure things are going much better. p.s. have you started working on personal progress?
Post a Comment