Saturday, May 7, 2011
Chenza and I walk. I try to not let her walk me. We've been to obedience training and I'm getting pretty good, but I'm still working on Chenza. So there are different things I do to help her walk with a loose leash (not yanking me). To help her walk with a loose leash I do things like yanking her leash, turning around (also yanking her leash), stopping (also yanking her leash). They help a certain amount. But this is what helps the most - I tell her what a good dog she is. I reward her with treats now and then and I continue telling her how amazing she is. She is so like a person. So the other day at school was really rough. When I went to bed I had nightmares of their loud voices in class. So this is what came to my mind. I'm going to find every single good thing they do and reward them. They are going to have so many table points, it will be staggering. So that's what I did. We had a good day. Thanks to Chenza and the Spirit whispering. The teacher next to me had a similar day and did the opposite - she had another bad day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
wow mom! what a difference our own attitude can make. good reminder!
What a different my dog makes! haha...just kidding ;)
*difference
Post a Comment