Friday, June 10, 2011
The Best Field Trip Ever
Today two classes each having about 30 first graders went to the Corona del Mar tide pools. This was our third field trip there (different years). 11 (Yes 11!) parents went with me. Two cars followed behind us. I gave 9 parents each 3 students each. The remaining parents paired up with another parent. This year, no one ran off across the rocks. They all stayed together. They had SO much fun looking for sea critters in the tide pools. Oh, we had a blast. THEN, as if that weren't enough, we walked back over to the main beach, ate lunch on some grass and then worked our way out to the water. We held a rope to keep the kids confined to an area. And, oh did they ever have fun! And we adults could relax because all the children were in one area. I think I smiled the whole time. It was just so fun to watch them. I hope I remember it for a long time. Did I take pictures? NO! I forgot my camera:( (Hopefully someone will share pictures with me). Two things made it the best ever - all the parents. I only had to watch my little group. And the rope in the ocean.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment