Mothers Day
So what did I learn from my mom? It's been so long ago...At first I thought - nothing! I knew that couldn't be right so I kept thinking.
I learned to sew - from my mom.
I learned to play the piano - because of my mom.
I learned manners - we'd get 'the fork' if we forgot!
I learned how to set a table.
I learned that families eat together, and they talk.
Going to church every Sunday became part of who I am.
Sisters and cousins are important and are worth my time.
I learned to listen deeply when my children are talking.
I learned that you can love your husband and be proud of him, and speak highly of him.
I didn't always live these things, but my mom taught me them by example. She wasn't too preachy.
I learned that the Dodgers are the 'real' baseball team.
I learned to iron. - Mom ironed while listening to the baseball game - Sandy Koufax era.
I'm sure there's more...I'll keep thinking!
Sunday, May 12, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
This is a great post! I learned everything I need to know from my Mommy!
Post a Comment