Sunday, May 6, 2012

A quote from a BYU devotional - Time by Thomas Morris.
We don 't have time to make mistakes in this life. It's too short and we lose the opportunity to accomplish something good.

I think that's kind of harsh! and really probably wrong. Life is about making mistakes and learning from them.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

I agree with you!!! I re-read the first part a couple times thinking, "He didn't say that"...but yes he did! That's not even what the Gospel teaches! Of course, if you're talking about doing things you know are wrong and keep doing them unrepentantly then that's a bit more like wasting time and of course Alma says not to procrastinate the day of our repentance, but I definately do not agree with his statement! Thanks for not agreeing with him Mom!

sunny said...

well yes. life's all about making mistakes. i'm guessing his point was to try to minimize our mistake-making ability. at any rate, i know i learn a lot from my mistakes. things i wouldn't learn otherwise. like that one talk about keeping the sabbath day holy. and how the girl learned that she NEVER wanted to not keep the sabbath again. some things are best learned that way.